Tofu/Veggie Breakfast Tacos
It’s so easy to make Tofu/vegan tacos, filled with vegan meatless ground beef, vegan cheese, and other fresh veggies! It’s one of our favorite foods that we love to “taco-bout”!!
Simple, healthy vegetarian breakfast tacos that are full of fresh flavor! You can make these “breakfast” tacos any time of day. I scrambled the eggs, but feel free to fry your eggs if you prefer. Recipe below yields around 6 tacos, depending on how much filling you put in each one.
Tofu – 200 gms, chopped
Tortillas – 4
Onion – 2 to 3 tblsp, chopped
Capsicum – 1, large, chopped
Garlic – 1 clove, minced
Green Chillies – 2 (or 1 Jalapeno), chopped
Butter – 3/4 tblsp
Dried Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Tomato – 1, diced, seeds removed
– Heat butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium flame.
– Add the tofu pieces and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until light golden.
– Add the capsicums, onions, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper powder.
– Stir well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
– When the tofu is lightly browned and crispy at the edges, add the green chillies.
– Separately warm the tortillas and place them on a flat surface.
– Divide and spoon the tofu over each tortillas.
– Garnish with coriander leaves and tomato.
– Fold and serve at once.
Watch Video :